Search This Blog

Thursday 18 April 2013

I'M BACK!

I have just returned from a two week long trip to Sri Lanka. I managed to see several new birds, including some of the endemics. Below is a list of what I did on each day and whether or not I will blog about it.
DAY 1 - Birding Kurunegala and introduction to Ulagalla Resort birds NEW BIRDS: 0  YES
DAY 2-  Birding Ulagalla Resort grounds NEW BIRDS: 0  YES
DAY 3- Birding Ulagalla Resort grounds NEW BIRDS: 2 YES
DAY 4- No birding
DAY 5- No birding
DAY 6- No birding
DAY 7- No birding
DAY 8- No birding
DAY 9- No birding
DAY 10- Birding Horton Plains NP NEW BIRDS: 6 YES
DAY 11- Birding Bandarawela Garden NEW BIRDS: 1 YES
DAY 12- No birding
DAY 13- No birding
DAY 14- Birding Sinharaja NEW BIRDS: 7 YES
DAY 15- Return to Australia

I saw 16 lifers and 11 of them were endemic birds.

1 comment:

  1. It was good fun Chanith. Hard to believe that I have done series of Stroke Master Classes ( 28 lectures in four different hospitals in four different provinces in Sri Lanka during these two weeks- while we managed to spend three days with your grand parents celebrating new year! It was a fabulous break with lot of work!!!!

    ReplyDelete