Search This Blog

Sunday 10 July 2011

Portland Trip- Skimming Over the Events

As a gift of my tenth birthday, I asked my parents if I could spend the weekend at Portland. I saw lots of birds on that trip and should be posting photos from the Portland trip soon. I saw some new birds, like the satin bowerbird at the Otway Ranges and the Australasian gannet at Point Danger. All in all, it was a lot of fun.
On the first day in Portland I did most of the birding activities and saw 1 life bird- the gannet. On my second day I went to the Otway Ranges on the drive home. Anyway, in 2 days I managed to spot 4 lifers in places I had never been to before.
The highlights of the trip were-
Seeing new birds in the Otway Ranges
The gannet colony at Point Danger
Seeing what I believe was a shy albatross from the verandah of the house we stayed in
And visiting 2 places where we have never been before.
And, of course, staying with the family!

2 comments:

  1. UPDATE: 5 lifers- striated thornbill, Australasian gannet, satin bowerbird, Bassian thrush and olive whistler (?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, the place in mention is Portland, VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA

    ReplyDelete