Search This Blog

Saturday 13 August 2011

THE BIRDS OF WOODLANDS PARK

Today I collected water samples for my science fair project. One of the places where I collected water samples from was called Woodlands Park. I realised that this place could hold some interesting waterbirds, so I brought my camera along. Here are the results!

A pacific black duck (left) with a male Australian wood duck (right)

Two related birds- a non-purebred ('manky') mallard (left) with a Pacific black duck.

A male feral pigeon displaying. The display is when the feral pigeon puffs out its neck. This pigeon followed a female around for some time, but the female wasn't interested and rejected the hopeful male.

A little pied cormorant

Enjoy these images and let's hope that one day you can find your own of each of these birds (except the feral pigeon).

No comments:

Post a Comment