Search This Blog

Sunday 14 August 2011

RAGS TO RICHES- THE MULTIPLICATION GAME- A review

After playing this game for so many times I lost count, I would like to present a review of the multiplication game 'Rags to Riches'.

POSITIVES
This game is quite educational and good for smart Grade 4s who have a large supply of pencils and scrap paper, to work out the sums.

NEGATIVES
This game may be a bit hard for the average person in Grade 4/3. Some of the problems have more than two examples of the correct answer and if you click on one of them, it considers it 'incorrect'. In these instances, you MUST use the hint. I think that this is a bit unfair for the people who play it. It should also have a warning stating- 'get some pencils and paper so that you can work out the 2-digit multiplied by 2-digit and harder sums'. If I had known this from the start, I'm sure it would have made it much easier. Also, it should state that 'you can take as much time as you want'- not knowing this also contributed to me loosing so much rounds.

RATING- 4.2 out of 5

1 comment:

  1. It seems that this was a harder version than the version I was supposed to play as part of 3/4 Homework, so this game may not really be aimed at 3/4s.

    ReplyDelete